NOTE: TIMES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD!!
Join advocates from across the state (and from some surrounding states) for a day-long workshop to train our foot soldiers, organize our teams and hone our strategies. We'll offer sessions and expert instruction in:
- Understanding the broad benefits as well as the finer points of the proposed Tennessee deposit-return bill.
- Understanding the need for a fact-based, consistent and respectful message.
- Forming diverse, savvy and well-informed teams in every county.
- Seeking written endorsements from the myriad of constituencies whose support carries weight with legislators: businesses of all sizes, churches, chambers of commerce, civic organizations, professional associations, farmers and farm bureaus, sportsmen, tourism councils, craft beer brewers, wineries and distilleries, grocers, recyclers, youth groups, agencies that serve veterans, people with special needs and the homeless, environmental groups, outdoor clubs and of course lots of individuals.
- Seeking resolutions of support from county commissions and city councils.
- Meeting with editorial boards, submitting op-eds and seeking endorsements from local media.
- Sitting down with incumbent legislators and legislative candidates to discuss the benefits of the TennCan proposal, indicate the strength of local support, and seek their commitment to vote for the bill in 2019.
- And much more!
The workshop is free, but we can use help seeking donations from businesses across the state to offset costs. We can also use offers of local lodging for folks coming in from across the state. Call, text or email Marge Davis at (615) 294-2651 or email@example.com.